ab aliqua (Latin for 'out of something') is, for me, a reminder that change and transformation is always possible. That we may have little enough to work with, but there is always hope.
This rustic cuff is hand forged from copper - the metal hammered and shaped into a slightly anticlastic shape and stamped (the letters very lightly pressed with white enamel) and then fired with blood red lead free enamel. The resulting surface is partially chipped away to reveal the bare copper underneath.
Purposefully rustic, purposefully distressed.
Around 6 1/2 inches (16 cm) to end, plus a one inch+ (3 cm) opening. 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) wide.
Wear & Care:
- To wear - turn your arm sideways and push/slide the opening over the narrow part of your wrist.
- The bare copper is sealed with microcrystalline wax but will darken over time.
- Clean with a damp soft sponge or cloth
- The cuff has a little give, but take care not to over extend.
- Enamel is a process which permanently fuses glass powder to metal using high temperatures. The resulting surface is pretty tough but it is glass so take care not to drop onto a hard surface.
For more unique handmade artisan jewelry:
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information